[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Pruning temporary files?

Brown, Amanda Amanda.Brown at ccc.govt.nz
Thu Dec 8 19:27:50 EST 2022

Kia ora koutou,

Our ArchivesSpace UAT has run out of space, and the information from our developer is :

      The space is mainly being taken up by temporary files created by the archivesspace app itself, eg:

      antbrown at ccc-dhr-uat-as1:/opt/archivesspace3/data$ sudo -u archivesspace du -hs tmp
      9.4G    tmp

      Some of these files are used for running the app and it's not obvious from https://archivesspace.github.io/tech-docs/readme_implement.html which are safe to delete.
      If you were able to post to the mailing list asking which files are safe to delete in the data/tmp directory, we could write a script to make sure it's cleaned daily for example.

Any suggestions which files are safe to delete in the data/tmp directory?

Ngā mihi
Amanda

Digital Content Librarian | Digital Content Team |
Christchurch City Libraries | Ngā Kete Wānanga-o-Ōtautahi |
https://canterburystories.nz/

This electronic email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
The views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of the Christchurch City Council.
If you are not the correct recipient of this email please advise the sender and delete the email.

[Christchurch City Council logo]<https://ccc.govt.nz>