[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Suppressed ArchivesSpace records in OAI-PMH

Andy Boze Boze.1 at nd.edu
Tue Aug 2 10:27:01 EDT 2022

We treated this as an ArchivesSpace bug. According tp openarchives.org,
"If a record is no longer available then it is said to be deleted."
ArchivesSpace only indicates that a record is deleted when it is
actually deleted from the database, not when it becomes suppressed
(contrary to what we believe it should).

We use Primo BackOffice, so I'm not familiar with VE. For our harvest,
we do a regular harvest twice daily, then once a week we run a Cleanup
(Delete DS and ReLoad) pipe, which effectively removes records that are
no longer in the ASpace OAI data stream, even without having an explicit
"delete" record.

Andy

Andy Boze, Associate Librarian
University of Notre Dame