[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Solr review

Tom Hanstra hanstra at nd.edu
Mon Apr 11 14:51:40 EDT 2022

I'm reviewing the Solr documentation from ArchivesSpace and what I have
learned from other Solr configurations locally. I'm wondering if I'm
missing something.

The ArchivesSpace documentation here:

https://archivesspace.github.io/tech-docs/provisioning/solr.html

suggests the need to copy the various Solr config files over to a
configsets directory. In my case, with solr installed in /opt/solr that
directory would be:

/opt/solr/server/solr/configsets/archivessspace/conf

and then copy the configuration files over to that location. But then I
don't see anything that specifically tells Solr that that is where to find
those files.

I believe that it is simply the fact that the files exists down under the
configured $SOLR_HOME directory that allows Solr to find these, but I'm
trying to make sure. I have other Solr instances in which I've just got a
"conf" directory under SOLR_HOME which is not under a configsets directory
which seems sufficient to get Solr set up, but I'm trying to be sure. I"m
still trying to figure out a problem with either AS or Solr in my 3.2.0
instance, so I'm checking everything along the way. The core looks right
(similar number of records after indexing), but maybe there is a mismatch
somewhere.

Thanks for any thoughts on this,
Tom
--