[Archivesspace_Users_Group] "Redirect to resource identified by ARK Name" API call missing in 3.2.0

Alan Manifold amanifold at slv.vic.gov.au
Tue Apr 5 00:04:01 EDT 2022

Hi ArchivesSpace folks,

We noticed a problem today in trying to use the "Redirect to resource identified by ARK Name" API call ([:GET] /ark*/:naan/:id) in our newly-upgrade 3.2.0 ArchivesSpace. Any call to it returns "404 Not Found".

I poked around in the code a bit and found that the 2.8.1 version of the backend > controllers/ark_name.rb routine declares an Endpoint for this call (Endpoint.get("/ark*/:naan/:id")) and then has code to find the entity data: find_entity_data().

The 3.2.0 version of the backend > controllers/ark_name.rb no longer has this Endpoint declared, nor does it have code to find the entity data.

Not being a Ruby on RAILS expert, I'd still say that this code would be required for the API call to work. Did it get left out intentionally or is this a mistake?

Regards,
Alan

Alan Manifold | Library Systems & Digital Preservation Manager | Collection Development & Description
State Library Victoria | 328 Swanston Street | Melbourne VIC 3000
T +61 3 8664 7122 | amanifold at slv.vic.gov.au
slv.vic.gov.au<http://slv.vic.gov.au>

 [slv]

[https://www.slv.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/email_signature/signature.jpg?9]<https://www.slv.vic.gov.au/email_campaign>

This message and any attachment is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete all copies of the message and its attachments and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.