[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Advice on born-digital accessioning in ArchivesSpace

Jessica Steytler jasteytler at minlib.net
Mon Apr 4 09:27:08 EDT 2022

Seems likely that either is good, as long as one is consistent, right?
I can picture myself putting in born-digital content as accessions in my
near future, but I haven't done it yet, so I just tried it out and my
instinct is for Digital Object-- its ID is its location/URL, which
totally fits in my brain as opposed to an actual object.

Jessica

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 10:50 AM Celia Caust-Ellenbogen <
ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> We're revamping our workflow for accessioning born-digital materials, and
> we'd love advice from folks using ASpace for this.
>
> In particular, we're stuck on questions about tracking locations for
> accessioning unprocessed born-digital materials in cloud storage...should
> we use instances or DAOs?
>
> If you have opinions on this and would be willing to discuss/advise, I
> would be grateful to hear from you!
> Celia
>
> --
> Celia Caust-Ellenbogen (she/her/hers
> <https://www.swarthmore.edu/lgbtq/gender-pronouns>) (pronounce my name
> <https://www.name-coach.com/celia-caust-ellenbogen>)
> Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
> <http://swarthmore.edu/friends-historical-library>
> ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu

Jessica Steytler | *she/her* (why does this matter?
<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>)
Reference - Special Collections
Public Library of Brookline
617-730-2375