[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Inexplicable Date Error

Joanna Black joanna.black at sierraclub.org
Fri Sep 17 18:17:54 EDT 2021

Hello everyone,

Lone arranger here, sole manager and user of my library's ASpace instance.
I am trying to import digital objects using a .csv spreadsheet. I've looked
at the mapping docs and templates, and everything seems to be in-line.
However, when I run the import, I keep getting the message:

The following errors were found: dates/0/begin : not a valid date
dates/0/end : not a valid date

For date_1_begin and date_1_end I am using years only (1910, for instance)
in both fields. I have some undated objects, so I've tried importing three
different ways: with the word "undated" in the fields; with "0" in the
fields; and with nothing in the field (blank). None of these worked. This
isn't some complicated metadata I'm working with, so I think it should be
straightforward to fix. But I'm not finding anything that explains exactly
how dates should be formatted (if that is indeed the problem). Please
enlighten me!

Thank you in advance.
--

*Joanna BlackArchivistWilliam E. Colby Memorial Library*
*Sierra Club*