[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Reorder mode in 3.1.0

Michelle Paquette mpaquette at smith.edu
Wed Oct 27 09:32:33 EDT 2021

Hi Nic,

Just replying to say we found this behavior in our test instance, which is
on 3.1.0. Blake filed a ticket: ANW-1435
<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-1435> and a few of us have
added commentary. (Thanks to Valerie for the video.) Apologies if someone
already responded with similar info and I missed it.

Michelle

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 11:44 AM Nic Stanton-Roark <ndroark at anderson.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Since upgrading to 3.1.0 I've noticed an issue with reorder mode. Records
> can be reordered and cut and paste, but when working with resources in a
> lower level of hierarchy, attempting to drag (or cut and paste) a resource
> kicks that resource up to the higher level. For example, moving the
> Dinners, Etc. file here to the General, 1945-1988 and selecting "Add items
> before" ends up with the record moved up to the series level.
>
> [image: image.png]
> [image: image.png]
>
> [image: image.png]
> The file can then be re-added to the series as a child as normal. Nothing
> is noted in the logs during this, and it has persisted through both soft
> and hard reindexing. Is this a known issue or is there an obvious type of
> cause to investigate?
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>

> *Nicholas Stanton-Roark*  |  Archivist  | Robert A. Nicholson University
> Library
> Anderson University  |  1100 E. Fifth St, Anderson, IN 46012
> (765) 641-4285 <%28765%29%20641%204285>  |  ndroark at anderson.edu

Michelle Paquette
(she/her)
Metadata & Technical Services Archivist
Special Collections
Smith College
413-585-7029
mpaquette at smith.edu

For current library access and services details, see Library Services
During COVID-19
<https://libraries.smith.edu/library-services-during-covid-19>.