[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Issues with MySQL v8

Wendy Scheir scheirw at newschool.edu
Tue Mar 30 16:15:08 EDT 2021

Hi,

When we installed ArchivesSpace last summer, we used MySQL v8 for our
database. The documentation has instructions that read, "if using for MySQL
8+..." leading us to believe that MySQL 8 was a supported version. However,
we've been having issues running Accession and Shelflist reports that the
Lyrasis team has told us is caused by running MySQL 8 instead of MySQL 5.
In the interim, Lyrasis has updated the documentation to say that
"ArchivesSpace is currently able to run on MySQL version 5.x."

Has anyone else installed ArchivesSpace with MySQL 8? We are concerned
about downgrading to 5 versus waiting for a future version that works with
8, but in the meantime we are unable to run a number of desired reports.

Many thanks,
Wendy

____________________________________

WENDY SCHEIR