[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Past Perfect migration?

Celia Caust-Ellenbogen ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu
Tue Mar 16 12:00:39 EDT 2021

I would recommend checking out the work that Lindsey Loeper did at UMBC to
convert PastPerfect XML to EAD, presuming you could easily import the EAD
into ASpace but I haven't tried it myself. See
https://www2.archivists.org/sites/all/files/Module_18_CaseStudy_LindseyLoeper.pdf
, https://github.com/UMBC-Library/EAD-XML, etc.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2021 at 9:44 AM Novak, Miranda <MNovak at csbsju.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> My institution is brand-new to ArchivesSpace and has been using Past
> Perfect for 20+ years. I’m hoping to be directed to documentation to help
> me plan how to migrate data from Past Perfect into ArchivesSpace. Has
> anyone already done this and could you point me to the documents/videos
> that helped you?
>

> Thank you and apologies if this isn’t an appropriate question for this
> group!
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Miranda
>

> Miranda Novak
>
> Assistant Director of Instructional Technology
>
> Clemens & Alcuin Libraries, IT Services
>
> College of Saint Benedict/Saint John’s University
>
> 320-363-5923
>
> mnovak at csbsju.edu
>
> Pronouns: she/her/hers

Celia Caust-Ellenbogen (she/her/hers
<https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>)
Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
<http://swarthmore.edu/friends-historical-library>
ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu
Please be aware that Swarthmore College is currently closed to visitors and
all but essential staff due to coronavirus precautions. I am primarily
working from home and spending only limited time in the office. Email is
the best way to reach me.