[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Change order of items on PUI navigation bar using local plug-in override?

Corey Schmidt Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu
Fri Mar 12 14:27:55 EST 2021

Good afternoon all,

I'm forwarding this message that a colleague of mine sent to the Google Group, hoping to catch more bites here. Any advice/info would be appreciated. Thanks!

We're using ArchivesSpace 2.7.1 and have been using the local plugin overrides to customize. I've been successful in suppressing items through the config file and relabeling using the localizations, but I can't figure out how to change the order that the links in the nav bar appear in. Anybody know how to do this? I can't seem to find the relevant file. Currently we've got a local copy of plugins\local\public\views\shared\_navigation.html.erb that we are working with, and I see where it looks like it's constructing the nav bar and links, but I'm not sure what the underlying file is that I need to target to change it.

My colleague suspects that control of the order of the links in the nav bar exists outside of the local plugins architecture because it's under the config folder filepath (/public/config/initializers/public_new_defaults.rb?), which the documentation on the local plugin says isn't one that LP includes.

Thanks,

Corey

Corey Schmidt
ArchivesSpace Project Manager
University of Georgia Special Collections Libraries
Email: Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu