[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Search API- detailed documentation?

RENTON Scott Scott.Renton at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 16 11:15:09 EDT 2021

Hi again folks

I'm wondering if anyone has any detailed documentation for the search API, with some examples. The git resource is really good, but it doesn't go that deeply into search, and I'm trying to write something for internal users interfacing with the API.

Issues I'm trying to resolve most directly- chaining terms with agents, and working with dates (I can do some of this with the SOLR admin panel, but there are some differences between the syntax, and I'm falling down there).

Chaining terms:
Running something like this:
search?type[]=archival_object&page= 1&q=language_enum_s:gla AND title:Loch AND certainty_enum_s:approximate AND agents[]:Collinson

It all looks good till I get to the agents- where I get some records back which don't have that agent. Is there an easy fix there?

Dates:
I'd like to be able to search where a Date of Creation is greater than X but less than Y. However, as that field is in the json object returned by Search, I don't think I can logically perform that search (as I'd basically be wildcard matching a string)- unless there's a way to drill into the json?

Any advice gratefully received!

Thanks
Scott

Scott Renton

Digital Library Development & Systems

Floor F East

Argyle House

515219

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th' ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.