[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Generating a Custom File with a Report Plugin

Corey Schmidt Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu
Tue Jun 1 13:06:29 EDT 2021

Hello all,

I have a question about making a custom report plugin for ArchivesSpace. Is it possible to create a custom CSV output file for a report?

I am grabbing our digital object file versions (aka urls) and checking their responses for errors. I'd then like to log those errors in a CSV file that a user can download once the report is finished. Here's a link to my script so far: https://github.com/uga-libraries/uga-archivesspace-reports/blob/master/check_urls/backend/model/check_urls.rb.

For other custom reports, they take what is returned from an SQL query and can generate a JSON, HTML, CSV, and PDF file, depending on what a user selects from a drop-down list. Since I am creating a custom CSV file myself with this script, I want that to be the only output file. I think I have to change the reports.rb /reports/:code endpoint somehow, but I'm not sure because that would mess with all other reports and how they work.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Corey

Corey Schmidt
ArchivesSpace Project Manager
University of Georgia Special Collections Libraries
Email: Corey.Schmidt at uga.edu