[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Example of a CSV excel spreadsheet?

Calev, Suzanna suzanna.calev at wilkes.edu
Fri Jan 29 16:40:54 EST 2021

Hi everyone,

I apologize if this is extremely obvious, but I'm still trying to figure
out how to do things in AS.  I'm trying to create a csv file from the
templates provided in the AS documentation and I'm confused as to what to
put in certain sections. For example, the publish column, do we say yes or
no? or put something else to indicate whether we want it to be published?
For the hierarchy one, we are just putting numbers 1, 2, or 3 to indicate
if the item is a resource, child, or grandchild of the parent item?

For the EAD ID, should you be entering a unique number into the resource so
that it identifies what resource you're using? or is that for the component
unique identifier column?

I think what would really help me is to see an example of what other people
have done for a particular collection, even if it's just a few rows, if
anyone is willing to share with me what they've entered into the different
columns for your csv files, I think it would help me figure out how to
configure my own for the photo collection metadata I'm trying to upload.

Thank you,
Suzanna

--
Suzanna Calev, MLIS & MA