[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Indexer Thread Counts

Joshua D. Shaw Joshua.D.Shaw at dartmouth.edu
Tue Jan 5 09:41:56 EST 2021

Hey all-

Couple of questions about indexer thread counts

1) Before I dive too deeply into the code to figure this out, I'm wondering if anyone knows if the setting for AppConfig[:pui_indexer_thread_count] is counted as part of AppConfig[:indexer_thread_count] or if its additive? IE if the stock config setting amounts to 5 threads (4+1) or 4 threads.

2) Is there a reason that the PUI indexer thread count is set so much lower than the staff side?

I'm thinking of upping the PUI thread count to something closer to the staff side since we have the cores to support that, but I'm wondering if there might be some unforeseen negative side effects.

Thanks!
Joshua

Joshua Shaw (he, him)
Technology Coordinator
Rauner Special Collections Library & Digital Library Technologies Group
Dartmouth College
603.646.0405