[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Importing 'born digital' EAD container info

Rees, John (NIH/NLM) [E] reesj at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Feb 25 15:31:12 EST 2021

Hi all,

We're importing raw EAD to populate our ASpace. Our old EAD dodge for naming a container as being a 'born digital' thing was simply to encode a generic <container type="box">Born Digital</container>. Users would see the phrase in the same space as a box number, so it was relatively intuitive to understand what was being described.

It would be relatively obvious in the SUI what's going on, better defines the nature of the content (it's not a box), is batch-fixable later, and in the PUI users would encounter an archival resource without any sort of container information beyond the huge DO glyph and a link that goes nowhere (for now).

Some screenshots below.

Has anyone encountered a similar scenario?

John

John P. Rees
Archivist and Digital Resources Manager
History of Medicine Division
National Library of Medicine
301-827-4510
Teleworking M-F 8:00AM - 4:30PM Eastern Time each day until further notice

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D70B8B.3E753F70]

[cid:image006.png at 01D70B8B.3E753F70]