[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAD mapping to Import spreadsheet

Sara Butterfass Schliep sbschliep at FOLGER.edu
Tue Feb 16 15:42:49 EST 2021

Hello,

I'd like to submit the follow questions to the ArchivesSpace users group:

I am wondering if there's documentation somewhere for how the ArchivesSpace field codes in the Import Archival Objects spreadsheet maps to EAD elements and attributes. I am also curious about the values it is possible to include in Container Instance Type and Container Information. Are these both fields where each institution develops its own local list rather than being a controlled list like there is in the spreadsheet for Date(1) Type and Description Level fields?

Thank you,
Sara

Sara Schliep
Archivist and Cataloger