[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Optimistic locking error

Trevor Thornton trthorn2 at ncsu.edu
Thu Dec 2 13:46:03 EST 2021

I can confirm that this is a thing, at least it's happening to me as well
(we're on v2.8.1 still). It isn't affecting performance from what I can
tell, but the lock_version value for the user keeps getting higher
(currently over 370000). At some point I shut down AS, reset the
lock_version to 0, and restarted, and it just started doing it again.

It doesn't seem to be causing any other problems, but it does fill up the
logs, and it's annoying. What version are you on? We're getting ready to
upgrade and I was hoping the problem would magically go away when we did.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 1:11 PM Galligan, Patrick <PGalligan at rockarch.org>
wrote:

> Peter,
>

> Unfortunately that’s an empty set. It seems like the lock_version is
> constantly changing for this record. I’m not sure why.
>

> -Patrick
>

> *From: *archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org <
> archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> on behalf of
> Peter Heiner <ph448 at cam.ac.uk>
> *Date: *Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 12:41 PM
> *To: *Archivesspace Users Group <
> archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org>
> *Subject: *Re: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Optimistic locking error
>
> ****External***** This email originated from outside of the organization.
> Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and
> know the content is safe.****
>

> Hi Patrick,
>

> What does
>
> SELECT * FROM `user` WHERE ((`id` = 113) AND (`lock_version` = 1271));
>
> say?

Trevor Thornton
Applications Developer, Digital Library Initiatives
North Carolina State University Libraries