[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Optimistic locking error

Galligan, Patrick PGalligan at rockarch.org
Thu Dec 2 11:57:41 EST 2021

Hi all,

I’m trying to diagnose and fix a warning I’m seeing in our AS log files every 12 or 13 seconds:

Got an optimistic locking error when updating user: Attempt to update object did not result in a single row modification (SQL: UPDATE `user` SET `system_mtime` = '2021-12-02 16:52:37', `user_mtime` = '2021-12-02 16:52:37', `lock_version` = 1272 WHERE ((`id` = 113) AND (`lock_version` = 1271)) LIMIT 1)

I can delete the user, but if I remake it with the same username, the warning comes back. If I leave the user open for editing, I get the “This record has been updated by another user. Please refresh the page to access the latest version,” message in the UI.

Any idea how to fix this issue? I’d prefer to be able to keep the username the same. I’m not sure why the system thinks there are two different lock versions associated with the record.

Thanks,
Patrick Galligan
Rockefeller Archive Center