[Archivesspace_Users_Group] public interface breadcrumbs

Carole Prietto cap166 at georgetown.edu
Mon Aug 16 14:04:22 EDT 2021

We have a resource record (not published) for our record group schema. Each
individual collection has a resource record with whatever number that
collection needs in our system - those are getting published as collections
are processed.
Our numbering is shorter than yours, but if I were in your situation, I
would enter only a part of the classification number in the collection's
resource record and leave the entire number to the record group document.
Hierarchical schemes such as this are helpful for us archivists, but can be
very confusing for users. Department of Political Science - Faculty Staff
Papers is much more meaningful for users than 12/12/05/12/05/02.  I'd be
thinking about how much of this long classification number do users really
need to see.

Carole Prietto (she/her)  |  Law Center Archivist, Law Library

GEORGETOWN LAW  | cap166 at georgetown.edu

111 G Street, N.W. | Washington, D.C. 20001

Phone: 202.662.9149

Law Center History on Digital Georgetown
<https://repository.library.georgetown.edu/handle/10822/559514>

Law Center Archives Research Portal
<https://aspace.ll.georgetown.edu/public/repositories/4>