[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Temporary locations implemented?

Solek, VivianLea VivianLea.Solek at Kofc.Org
Wed Aug 11 13:22:13 EDT 2021

Hi Christie,

Can you please share back to the list and responses you get off-list?  I am interested in this topic as well.

Many thanks!
VivianLea

VivianLea Solek
Archivist
Knights of Columbus Supreme Council Archives

1 State Street
New Haven, CT 06511-6702
Phone 203 752-4578
Fax 203 865-0351

From: archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org <archivesspace_users_group-bounces at lyralists.lyrasis.org> On Behalf Of Christie Peterson
Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 1:19 PM
To: Archivesspace Users Group <archivesspace_users_group at lyralists.lyrasis.org>
Subject: [Archivesspace_Users_Group] Temporary locations implemented?

Hello fellow ArchivesSpace users,

Do you work at an institution that uses ArchivesSpace to track temporary locations as well as permanent ones? If so, I'd love to hear about how you have set it up and how it's working for you.

I've tried searching, but all the references that Google can find for me are the declaration that ASpace can manage both permanent and temporary locations, but no discussion or manuals to how anyone is actually using it to do so.

Many thanks in advance for your responses,

Christie
Christie S. Peterson
Head of Technical and Digital Services for Special Collections
Smith College Libraries
cpeterson at smith.edu<mailto:cpeterson at smith.edu>
she/her

Special Collections is moving into the new Neilson Library and will be closed from May 31st until August 30th. All services will be temporarily unavailable. We look forward to reopening in the fall, 2021. Additional information can be found on our website<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flibraries.smith.edu%2Fspecial-collections%2Fabout-special-collections%2Frenovation-transition&data=04%7C01%7Cvivianlea.solek%40kofc.org%7C80ad0118037d4e6309b108d95cec2a60%7C8a4b69f88bb74be59eda6c40a157248c%7C0%7C1%7C637642991672604250%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000&sdata=ZIoxwlkhHzwH6p7%2Bhh5WRGAKaUaGb5eRmqI5FgN37bc%3D&reserved=0>.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attachments may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information and is intended only for the use of the addressee or addressees named above for its intended purpose. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, this message constitutes notice that any review, retransmission, distribution, copying or other use or taking any action in reliance on the information in this message and its attachments, is prohibited. If you receive this communication in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and its attachments from your system without keeping a copy. Unless expressly stated in this e-mail, nothing in this message may be construed as a digital or electronic signature. Thank you.