[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Entering a Second Location through the API

Herbert, Kate F Kate.F.Herbert at maine.gov
Thu Apr 1 15:34:42 EDT 2021

I am pretty new to the API and we are currently undergoing a move of our entire collection (just over 58,000 top containers) for a multiyear repair to our building. I am trying to find a way to put in the new locations but keep the old locations, as they will still be useful for reference points to our old finding aids.  I know how to update a top container record in the API but I am  can not seem to make it work with more than one location. Any ideas on how this could be done would be helpful. We have a hosted instance and no direct access to the back end.

Thanks,

Kate Herbert
Digital Archivist
Maine State Archives