[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Permission denied question

Peter Heiner ph448 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 30 16:01:12 EDT 2020

Neal, Rick wrote on 2020-09-30 19:48:29:
> Blake,
>
> I just copied my mysq-connector over to the new server (version 2.5.2) from the old server (version 2.5.0) when I installed AS.   That file is:  mysql-connector-java-5.1.24.jar.  Should I have used a different file and, if so, where do I get it from?
>
> These are the only lines uncommented in config.rb:
> AppConfig[:db_url] = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/archivesspace?user=deputydog&password=secretsquirrel&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=UTF-8"
> AppConfig[:oai_repository_name] = 'ArchivesSpace OAI Provider'
> AppConfig[:oai_proxy_url] = 'http://aspace.richmond.edu:8082/'
> AppConfig[:oai_record_prefix] = 'oai:archivesspace'
> AppConfig[:oai_admin_email] = 'email at school.edu'

The error message you got means Apache tried to pass the request on to
AS, but the configuration prevented it from doing that. This can happen
because of server defaults or settings within a Location block in the
Apache config. Does the new server have a different version of the OS or
a different distribution?