[Archivesspace_Users_Group] RHEL 7 instance install questions.

Neal, Rick rneal at richmond.edu
Wed Sep 23 09:14:21 EDT 2020

Good morning,

We are no longer going to be using the oracle java implementation due to licensing issues.  I am getting ready to upgrade our operating system on our current server to RHEL 7 and so I will probably be installing Version 2.8.

  1.  I see in the installation guide that I should use Java 1.8.   Can I use java-1.8.0-openjdk.x86_64?  I think so but just want to make sure.
  2.  Do you have a suggestion as to which database to install (MySQL or MariaDB) and which version of that?  I will migrating the database from the RHEL 6 server and just want to mitigate any possible issues that I might encounter.  I am currently running MySQL  Ver 14.14.

Thanks!

Rick Neal

Rick Neal
Library Systems and Applications Administrator
University of Richmond