[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Sub-subseries custom usage?

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Tue Oct 20 13:30:41 EDT 2020

You could add “sub-subseries” to as an enumeration value  Controlled Value List: Archival Record Level (archival_record_level), and it would show up in the dropdown menu, however as the current enumeration values are the allowed values for the EAD c/@level attribute, you would then export invalid and non-standard EAD.

If you choose ‘otherlevel’ from the dropdown, ArchivesSpace will display another form field where you can enter value for @otherlevel, and it should encode properly.

https://eadiva.com/c/ <https://eadiva.com/c/>

@level – not required. The values of this attribute may be: class, collection, file, fonds, item, otherlevel, recordgrp, series, subfonds, subgrp, and subseries. For any other value of @level (such as from a locally-assigned vocabulary) choose “otherlevel” as the value, and specify name in @otherlevel attribute. Assigning an attribute to the highest-level <c> is highly-recommended.
@otherlevel – not required. If the designated value options for @level do not fit the repository needs, “otherlevel” should be used as the value for @level and the alternate term should be specified here.

If the additional keystrokes required are an issue, maybe @otherlevel can be set with an initial value in preferences, or else assigned with a plugin that adds a little javascript to the edit page.

— Steve.