[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ASpace 2.8.0: No Title showing when Search Filter applied

Daniel Michelson dmichelson at smith.edu
Tue Oct 13 10:07:56 EDT 2020

Hi Mark,

Which columns appear in various views can be set in the global, repository,
and user preferences starting in 2.8.0.

I also encountered some weird initial settings (resource identifier
disappeared in the browse view for me) when we upgraded, but changing the
preferences resolved it.

Hope that helps.

Dan

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 9:59 AM Mark Cyzyk <mcyzyk at jhu.edu> wrote:

> Dear ASpace list,
>
> We've found an odd behavior in 2.8.0 with its new Search functionality
> on the staff side:
>
> When you perform a search and retrieve results on the staff side, it all
> looks well and good.  But when you then apply a, say, Record Type filter
> to those results, the Title field disappears from the resulting screen.
> (See attached screenshot.)
>
> I'm thinking this may be a bug in 2.8.0?
>
> Mark
>
> --
> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> Mark Cyzyk, M.A., M.L.S.
> Library Applications Group
> The Sheridan Libraries
> The Johns Hopkins University
> mcyzyk at jhu.edu
>
> Verba volant, scripta manent.

Dan Michelson
Project Manager Archivist
Smith College Special Collections

The Special Collections reading room is closed. As of March 18th, all
Special Collections staff will be working remotely. Smith course support is
our primary responsibility at this time.

Minimal reference services will be managed remotely by staff. Reference
inquiries that require access to physical materials will be held in order
of when they were received and responded to once the campus is reopened.
Expect a four to six week delay, minimum. There is a moratorium on
digitization services.

For information about Smith College’s response to Covid-19, please visit
the college’s official website
<https://www.smith.edu/student-life/health-wellness/coronavirus>. For
information about library services during this time, information is
available on our website
<https://libraries.smith.edu/library-services-during-covid-19>.