[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Custom reports with string params?

Nick Butler npwb2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 2 07:14:11 EDT 2020

Hi all,

We've been asked to create a custom report that allows the user running it to input a string which is then used to search across various fields. I've checked through the pre-existing reports, and through several reports created by other institutions, but I haven't found an example of a report accepting a string parameter (only booleans and dates). I see from e.g. https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/75000415aa5ee60411c6caf012042af4fc157d00/frontend/app/views/jobs/_form.html.erb#L121 that it should be possible to use a custom partial for different data types but nothing I've tried has worked so far. Is anyone doing anything like this, and might they have an example of it working?

Many thanks!
Nick