[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Top containers internal only

Kennedy, Nancy KennedyN at si.edu
Thu May 14 15:03:35 EDT 2020

Afternoon,
We are evaluating options for managing container barcodes and locations in archivesspace, but have use cases where the containers are not intended for public view.

I'm curious to know if and how other institutions have address "internal" containers?  Has there been any exploration of a "publish" checkbox for an Instance or on the Top Container ?  Digital objects have a "publish" checkbox, but analog instances/containers do not seem to have the same option.

While I could (and might) create additional archival objects, so that I can uncheck "publish" at the descriptive level, what I am really trying to do is control display of carrier/instance information.

Nancy Kennedy
Smithsonian Institution
kennedyn at si.edu