[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Question Regarding the REST API batch_imports Operation

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Thu May 7 11:24:31 EDT 2020

(In the backend:)
EADConverter takes an EAD file (.xml) and produces a JSON file on resources: archival_objects, a parent resource record and possibly global subjects and agents. I’m not sure if there is a backend API call to do just this initial step, but you can run it from pry/irb with something like:

        converter = EADConverter.new( eadxml )
        converter.run
	converter.get_output_path

That JSON output is what batch_import takes.
The JSON records temporary identifiers to link them together, and on import those links are converted to identifiers in the current repository namespace.

So it’s typically many resource records representing one EAD file.
However, I think from the way it’s implemented that it would work on a collection of records no matter whether they were related.

— Steve.