[Archivesspace_Users_Group] [EXTERNAL] Re: archivesspace admin account 'System'->'manage users' and 'Repository Settings'->'manage user access' pages give error

Huebschen, Alan M ahueb2 at uis.edu
Tue Mar 10 12:13:09 EDT 2020

Hi Mike,

This is an issue I faced during last year's DST switch and yesterday someone also ran into it here on the listserv. Blake had a well laid out response so I'll paste it below.

If anyone knows how to change the time indexing runs to 1am or 3am I think that would prevent this issue in the future as DST time change is at 2am.

>From Blake:

"It's probably a problem brought on by the change of time this week.

Try this:

MySQL [archivesspace]> select * from auth_db;
+------+------------------+---------------------+---------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------+
| id   | username         | create_time         | system_mtime        | pwhash                                                       |
|    1 | admin            | 2016-03-09 07:10:13 | 2016-03-09 07:10:13 | $2a$10$Gp0oqAuyVXmG/M1s7XDcTuz8.6aTRooPxbf.AWNUuhxNvzsjTa7om |
|    2 | search_indexer   | 2016-03-09 07:10:14 | 2019-10-05 08:33:40 | $2a$10$WEoh7JjTOFZ.m.ih9sbxPOHomfcReIBlnAoRQceAbwWFK0DuyC8Tm |

Take a look atsearch_indexer and the 2 times. The system_time is probably the one with the bad hour. You can just update that the current time and that should do it. So something like
update auth_db set system_mtime = NOW()where username = search_indexer.  "

-Alan Huebschen

University of Illinois at Springfield

Brookens Library Information Systems