[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Purpose/function of repository data element in location record

Natalie Adams na207 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 8 03:56:53 EST 2020

Dear all,

I've been working through the excellent AS help materials about location management but I haven't been able to find the answer to this question, though apologies if I have missed anything.

When you create a new location record in AS there is a data element at the bottom of the location record which allows you to select a repository. As we will have 30 repositories on our AS instance It could be helpful to understand the purpose of linking the location record to a specific repository. I wondered whether it would be the case that AS users would only be able to see location records for their own repository, but that doesn't seem to be the case- if I select repository A, I can still browse the locations in repository B. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Best wishes,

Natalie

Natalie Adams
Systems Archivist
Cambridge University Library
West Road
Cambridge
Cambridge, CB3 9DR
Tel 01223 766377
www.lib.cam.ac.uk/<http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/>
Normal working days are Monday to Thursday.