[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Image hosting for Aspace

Jason Loeffler j at minorscience.com
Fri Feb 21 14:54:30 EST 2020

Amazon S3 has the least friction by far, most resiliency and security, and
gives you options down the road should you need to extend your service copy
functionality, make your assets portable, or migrate to a repository
implementation. Steps include creating an S3 bucket on AWS, set up a secure
FTP connection to move files to the bucket, and configure/harden
permissions properly. Just make sure you 1) have some sense of the volume
of files (measured in multipes of bytes) beforehand as it is a metered
service and 2) exert some control over which parties in your organization
have access to the bucket. This has come up enough on the forum to warrant
unofficial high-level documentation for non-techinical administrators. If
there's demand, I can pull something together.

--
Jason Loeffler
Anthology of Recorded Music, Inc.