[Archivesspace_Users_Group] ArchivesSpace Upgrade and Migration to New Server

Gessner, Robert A. gessnerr at susqu.edu
Tue Feb 18 16:38:33 EST 2020

Hello,

We will be migrating our ArchivesSpace service to a new server.  We would also like to upgrade our version of ArchivesSpace, either during the migration or pre or post migration.  We are currently on version 1.5.1, and would like to upgrade to version 2.7.1.

I have several questions that I hope someone can help me with.

  1.  Is there any documentation for migrating an existing ArchivesSpace installation from one server to another server?
  2.  Are there any guidelines for upgrading the version of ArchivesSpace?  Or to put it more precisely for our situation, would it be best to upgrade our version of ArchivesSpace from 1.5.1 to 2.7.1 before, during or after the migration to the new server?

Thank you,

Robert Gessner
Library Systems
Blough-Weis Library