[Archivesspace_Users_Group] OCLC Digital Collection Gateway

Celia Caust-Ellenbogen ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu
Mon Feb 17 11:36:22 EST 2020

Circling back to this question from December...Thomas, did you get it
working? Has anyone else successfully used the Digital Collection Gateway
to harvest from ArchivesSpace?

We're discussing a number of issues relating to ILS / ASpace workflows, and
this seems like an elegant solution but I'm curious if anyone actually has
it working before we commit to this path. Would love to see some examples
of how a harvested record looks in WorldCat.

Thanks!

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 1:42 PM Thomas San Filippo <
sanfilippo_thomas at wheatoncollege.edu> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Has anyone successfully run an OAI-PMH harvest of their ArchivesSpace via
> OCLC's Digital Collection Gateway? Everything *seems* to be set up
> correctly in our config file, but we fail the third test in the DCG
> interface:
>
>    - SUCCESS: Testing URL Uniqueness
>    - SUCCESS: Testing URL Validity
>    - FAILED: Testing Availability
>    - SKIPPED: Testing OAI Support
>    - SKIPPED: Testing DC Format Support
>    - SKIPPED: Testing OCLC DC Format Support
>    - SKIPPED: Testing List Sets
>    - SKIPPED: Testing Set Uniqueness
>    - SKIPPED: Testing List Records
>    - SKIPPED: Testing Actionable URL Identifier
>
> I think we may have a problem with our base URL. I'm using
> http://archives.wheatoncollege.edu:8082 , but pretty much anything I try
> passes the first two tests and fails the third. The troubleshooting
> information given for that test is:
>
> Testing Availability: The OAI-­‐PMH Base URL is currently inaccessible. It
> is possible that the repository is currently down or that it is simply not
> reachable by the Gateway. Double-­‐check the spelling of the URL and make
> sure it has not been mistyped or pasted incorrectly.
>

> --
> *Thomas San Filippo*
> *Systems and Educational Technology Liaison*
>
> Pronouns: he/him/his; they/them/their(s)
>
> Madeleine Clark Wallace Library
> <https://wheatoncollege.edu/academics/library/>, G34
> Wheaton College <https://wheatoncollege.edu>
> 26 E. Main Street, Norton, MA 02766 <https://goo.gl/maps/d5JvoKZUEXy>
> (508) 286-5601 <+15082865601>
> Twitter: @WallaceLibrary <https://twitter.com/WallaceLibrary> |
> Instagram: /wallacelibrary <https://www.instagram.com/wallacelibrary/> |
> Facebook: wheatoncollege <https://www.facebook.com/WheatonCollege/>

Celia Caust-Ellenbogen (she/her/hers <https://www.mypronouns.org/she-her>)
Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
<http://swarthmore.edu/friends-historical-library>   |   Swarthmore College
Archives <https://swarthmore.edu/archives>
ccauste1 at swarthmore.edu