[Archivesspace_Users_Group] release candidate available - ArchivesSpace v2.7.1-RC1

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Mon Feb 10 10:04:48 EST 2020

Hello ArchivesSpace members,

The ArchivesSpace team is pleased to announce a release candidate, v2.7.1-RC1. You can download it at https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/releases/tag/v2.7.1-RC1 or test it out without downloading at http://test.archivesspace.org/staff  (username admin /password admin). We encourage you to download and try it out with your own local setup and/or data for the most accurate results.

This release candidate contains program-led and community pull requests that provide feature enhancements, bug fixes, infrastructure improvements, and documentation updates. Items of note include the ability to merge container profiles, a new select all capability on browse pages, and accessibility improvements.

Thanks to the community members who made contributions to this release, including both individual archives staff and developers, as well as our Development Prioritization sub-team, Testing sub-team, and Core Committers Group.

Please try this release candidate out over the next few days and let us know by Thursday, February 13, at ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org<mailto:ArchivesSpaceHome at lyrasis.org> if you notice any problems with the specific areas addressed in this release, or if anything that was working before no longer is. We are providing a very narrow window for testing and comments because we expect to put out another release  a little later this year with additional features that are nearly ready, including merging top containers. As such, while it contains many useful improvements that we don't want to delaying putting out any longer, we expect the lifespan of v2.7.1 to be more limited than most of our releases.

Please get in touch if you have any questions. Thanks as always for your feedback and support.

Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager
christine.dibella at lyrasis.org<mailto:christine.dibella at lyrasis.org>