[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Temporary Locations

Busch, Ed buschedw at msu.edu
Tue Dec 8 11:26:07 EST 2020

Hi-

How are people doing temporary location assignments for archival objects loaned to, for example, a museum? The Temporary location function doesn’t seem to work or I can’t figure out how it’s supposed to work. There’s no Notes field handy in instance/location fields.

Another option would be creating an Event but that’s sort of invisible to the record.

I was thinking I could just create another instance and assign a location (like Museum) but it would be nice to have some where to note as temporary so an Archvist looking for it would know without having to dig deep in ASpace.

Thoughts?

Ed Busch, MLIS
Interim Head of University Archives and Historical Collections
Electronic Records Archivist
Conrad Hall, 943 Conrad Road, Room 101
East Lansing, MI 48824
517-884-6438