[Archivesspace_Users_Group] CSV file for subjects not generating

Steven Giessler Steve.Giessler at mail.wvu.edu
Tue Aug 25 17:11:35 EDT 2020

Dear ArchivesSpace user list,

Here at West Virginia University, we are running version 2.7.0 of
ArchivesSpace.

On the admin side if we go to Subjects:

https://archivesspace.lib.wvu.edu/subjects

and try to click the Download CSV button, it gives us a file (excerpt below)
that is not comma separated (has \n between each field) and only lists
the first page worth of Subjects (25 in our case):

tail 1597180067.csv
"title\n4-H clubs -- West Virginia\nAbb's Valley (Va. and W.
Va.)\nAbolition of slavery\nAbortions\nAbsentee Balloting -- Marion
County.\nAcademic costume\nAcademic librarians -- Faculty
status\nAcademies\nAcademies and Institutes.\nAcademies (Private
schools)\n\"Accomack County, V.A.\"\nAccount books\nAccounting\nAccounts
-- Church financial reocrds\nAcord family.\nAdams County
(Ohio)\nAdmiralty Islands (Papua New Guinea)\nAdvertising\nAdvertising
photography\nAerial photographs.\nAeronautics\n\"Afghanistan -- History
-- Saur Revolution, 1978\"\nAfrica\nAfrican American churches -- West
Virginia\nAfrican American soldiers\n"

On the other hand, when we hit the Download CSV button while listing agents:

https://archivesspace.lib.wvu.edu/agents

we get what we would expect for all 10,000+ records (excerpt):

tail 1597187282.csv
agent_corporate_entity,Institute for the History of Technology and
Industrial Archaeology,,ingest,
agent_corporate_entity,West Virginia University. Institute for the
History of Technology and Industrial
Archaeology,http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/nr91038362,Library of
Congress Name Authority File,
agent_corporate_entity,Society for Industrial
Archeology,http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n78014220,Library of
Congress Name Authority File,
agent_person,"Barnette, Curtis H. and Others",,ingest,
agent_person,"Barnette, Curtis H.",,ingest,
agent_person,"Green, James Edwin",,ingest,
agent_family,Green
family,http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85057211,Library of
Congress Name Authority File,
agent_corporate_entity,Grand Army of the
Republic,http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n84076025,Library of
Congress Name Authority File,
agent_family,Deeds family,,ingest,
agent_person,"Pryzbylinski, Leon A.",,ingest,

Any idea why we can't get a proper CSV file for Subjects?

Logs show no errors.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide, or suggestions on how
to fix this,

Steve Giessler
Professional Technologist
West Virginia University