[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Opaque prefixes for ARKs

Collopy, Peter S. pcollopy at caltech.edu
Wed Apr 29 16:43:09 EDT 2020

I know a fair amount about ArchivesSpace and ARKs separately but haven’t used ARK assignment within ArchivesSpace.

Based on this config documentation, it looks to me, Michelle, like the answer to your question is that you should start by getting a NAAN (Name Assigning Authority Number) from California Digital Library. I just looked at their registry<https://n2t.net/e/pub/naan_registry.txt> and it looks like West Virginia University got the NAAN 22916 three days ago, though, so perhaps you’ve already done that. That’s what you need to configure in the ArchivesSpace config file, then ArchivesSpace should be able to assign appropriate ARKs for you.

Peter