[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Error updating resource records through API

Huebschen, Alan M ahueb2 at uis.edu
Fri Apr 17 10:26:24 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I've been attempting to update existing resource records through the API, the records already exist and I'm trying to upload modified versions of the JSON but I'm getting an error in response.

'error': 'The record you tried to update has been modified since you fetched it.'

At first I thought this meant either user_mtime, system_mtime, or create_time were preventing uploading an older version of the file but the error persists after replacing all time stamps with the current date and time.

Does anyone know what this error means?

Using ASnake:

resources = glob.glob('./resources/modified/' + '*.json')

    for file in resources:
        resources_id = file.rstrip('.json')
        resources_id = re.findall('\d+', resources_id)
        resource = json.load(open(file))
        response = client.post('repositories/2/resources/' + resources_id[0], json=resource).json()

        if response.get('error') != None:
            print("*")
            print(resources_id[0])
            print(response['error'])