[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Extreme sluggishness with classifications

Olivia S Solis livsolis at utexas.edu
Thu Apr 2 15:03:23 EDT 2020

Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced extreme sluggishness with loading and
displaying classifications/ classification terms? We are experiencing
sometimes minutes-long lag time for search results, autocomplete
functionality when you are trying add a classification/term in a
resource or accession record, and in saving a new classifications/terms.

In our case, we are using classifications for 2 main buckets: collection
strengths and subunits — administrative divisions or umbrella collections
we have at the Briscoe Center. Each has about 15 children. Some of the
children have a few hundred associated records. So two main tiers. The
classifications and, one level down, their children.

We are using version 2.4.1. Why might we be experiencing such sluggishness?

Thanks!
Olivia

--
Olivia Solis, MSIS