[Archivesspace_Users_Group] New User - digital materials

Anderson, Freya N (EED) freya.anderson at alaska.gov
Mon Sep 23 14:57:23 EDT 2019

Hi Rebecca,

For us, we have to click through to the record to get the link.  We're not using the URL as an identifier, so ours looks different: See https://alaska.libraryhost.com/objects?limit=digital_object.  This may be a feature rather than a bug, because this way people are more likely to see the metadata we've entered.  It may not always be crucial, but I fear that otherwise they might not realize it's there, and might miss out on important info.  However, you don't seem to have a live link at that point, either.  Have you added a link in File Version?  For us, that adds an icon with a link to the object: https://alaska.libraryhost.com/repositories/2/digital_objects/13.

I notice you're also using Library Host.  We've found them very helpful, so if the issue isn't resolved here, you might put in a service request with them.

All the best,
Freya

[cid:image001.png at 01D507DF.8CCD64B0]
Freya Anderson (she/her)
Head, Information Services
Acting Head, Historical Collections
phone: 907.465.1315

Andrew P. Kashevaroff Building
Mail: PO Box 110571, Juneau, AK 99811
Visit: 395 Whittier St., Juneau, AK 99801