[Archivesspace_Users_Group] question about changing "Citation" page action options

Daniel Michelson dmichelson at smith.edu
Wed Sep 4 15:34:06 EDT 2019

Hi Henry,

It won't be of help right now, but I've created a ticket
<https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-921?atlOrigin=eyJpIjoiYWQ4NGY1ZGEwNzc1NGFhMzliZTg4NGQ0MWNjZGFjNDIiLCJwIjoiaiJ9>
asking for the removal of the URL and date accessed from the citation,
since it doesn't comply with DACS.

Dan

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 3:28 PM Steele, Henry <Henry.Steele at tufts.edu> wrote:

> I am working with Digital Collections & Archives at Tufts to modify the
> PUI with our branding, etc.  I have a question about changing the
> functionality of one of the action buttons at the top of the page when
> you’re in the context of a record.
>

> We want to change the output of the “Citation” button when you’re in the
> context of a resource, to remove the “URL” and “Accessed: <datestamp>”
> parts of the outputted citation.  I spent some time this afternoon trying
> to find where to do this, and the nearest thing I could find was Harvard’s
> PUI plugin:
> https://github.com/harvard-library/aspace-hvd-pui/blob/master/public/plugin_init.rb
> <https://nam05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fharvard-library%2Faspace-hvd-pui%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fpublic%2Fplugin_init.rb&data=02%7C01%7Cmark.custer%40yale.edu%7C2e6f375d5c084490b50008d7316aa1b3%7Cdd8cbebb21394df8b4114e3e87abeb5c%7C0%7C0%7C637032206368478026&sdata=4sb7ZMfQpZG5nZ%2BJKItS9LtmxEZiKtNzc7hEKe3rP%2Bs%3D&reserved=0>
>    But after fiddling for a bit I couldn’t get this to work.  Plus it
> would be great if we don’t have to import a whole plugin, since most of
> these are configuration changes akin to what you and Tufts want to do, with
> their branding
>

> Has anyone ever attempted this, or know where this behavior can be changed?
>

> Henry Steele
>
> Systems Librarian
>
> Tufts University Library Technology Services
>
> (617)627-5239

Dan Michelson
Project Manager Archivist
Smith College Special Collections