[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Oddities when updating Agents via the API

Rachel Donahue rachel.donahue at lac-group.com
Fri Oct 11 11:52:24 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm running some bulk updates to Agents (in this case people) via the API
and noticed some rather odd changes to sub-records when I check the JSON
after successfully running the update.

1. Every sub-record (e.g. names, telephones) has replaced "created_by" with
the user authenticated by the API and create_time with the time of the API
call. The Agent itself retains its created_by and time, thankfully, but all
the bits and pieces lose it.
2. Possibly related to this, a new telephone number is created even though
nothing about the phone number has changed. (e.g. what was /telephone/99 is
now /telephone/204)
3. The lock_version for the sub-records isn't changing from 0.

The only thing changing in these updates is the name source and we're using
ArchivesSpace 2.6.0. I have been reposting the entire object in the
update--is it possible to post *only* the changing fields and perhaps avoid
the problem?

While this isn't a make-or-break problem, I'd really like to retain the
created_by information for names, as it is often *not* the same as the
person who created the initial record. I'm also not sure if this is a bug
or something I'm doing wrong. Any insights would be much appreciated!

Best,
Rachel

--

Please note that I currently *do not have access to ARS email*. If you need
to contact me, use my LAC address: rachel.donahue at lac-group.com

The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, any dissemination or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please contact the sender.