[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Overriding the Default Email Templates

Baggett, Mark Patrick mbagget1 at utk.edu
Tue Oct 8 11:48:08 EDT 2019

Hello,

I'm relatively new to ArchivesSpace, but I've encountered something that I don't seem to be able to override in a local plugin: email templates.  In my plugin, I have my new templates inside /public/views/request_mailer, but this doesn't seem to have any effect.  In the same plugin, I have been able to override the _request_form.html.erb at /public/views/shared.  From increasing the debugging levels and tailing archivesspace.out, I can tell that my new form sends my data to the email templates, but none of this shows up since I can't seem to figure out how to override the existing templates themselves.

Has anyone done this before and do you have any examples online in GitHub or another repository remote? I know from reading the ArchivesSpace documentation that "in order to override or extend the behavior of core models and controllers, you cannot simply put your replacement with the same name in the corresponding directory path," but it also seems to suggest elsewhere that you can  "override behavior" by matching "the path to the file that contains the behavior to be overridden." I assume this is one of the cases where you simply cannot just replace the same name with the corresponding directory path.

Thanks in advance for any advice you many have,

Mark