[Archivesspace_Users_Group] need help customizing text in ArchivesSpace

Majewski, Steven Dennis (sdm7g) sdm7g at virginia.edu
Fri Nov 22 14:24:37 EST 2019

One thing to check:  the spaces and indentation in .yml files are significant, and you can’t mix tabs(*)  with spaces, so you should make sure that you haven’t accidentally inserted a tab when editing.  You can edit the file in place for testing, but for normal production, I advise copying the values you want to change into plugins/local/public/locales/en.yml and editing them there.  But again, you have to be careful to preserve .yml hierarchy.

You may also eventually want to try copying some of the shared view templates into plugins/local/public/views/shared/   and editing those.
It’s easier to manage upgrades if you keep your changes in plugins directories.

(*) In fact, googling this, I see it doesn’t like tabs at all. Must be only spaces.

— Steve M.