[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Repository record and corresponding agent representation

Wetherill, Julie M. julie_wetherill at harvard.edu
Wed Nov 20 08:02:25 EST 2019

Can anyone describe for me or point me to documentation about the relationship between a repository record and its corporate body agent representation? Twice recently, our ASpace PUI (v2.5.2) has been mysteriously disrupted by a bug that is associated with missing metadata in either a repository record or the parallel corporate-body agent record. In the first case, resources in a specific repository were not displaying and in the current case, the PUI display of "collection inventory" is broken. In both cases, this error was in the logs:

"NoMethodError (undefined > method `[]=' for nil:NilClass)"

This user list discussion thread: http://lyralists.lyrasis.org/mailman/htdig/archivesspace_users_group/2019-April/006715.html refers to this error and says this about the issue and how to fix it: "The agent_representation_id value in the repository table was null. I 'fixed' it by making a small edit to the Repository and saving it." Unfortunately for us, this approach did not fix it although we have 30 repositories and haven't yet determined which repo record may be the issue (if it is the issue).

Any ideas? Thanks. -julie

Julie Wetherill
Library Technology Services
Harvard University