[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Calculate Dates functionality

Daniel Michelson dmichelson at smith.edu
Mon Mar 11 14:05:50 EDT 2019

Hi Nic,

Have you checked that the dates have matching labels?  When calculating the
creation date, dates with other labels are not included.  Sometimes
creation dates are incorrectly imported (or incorrectly encoded) with the
label "Other."

Dan

On Mon, Mar 11, 2019 at 1:58 PM Nic Stanton-Roark <ndroark at anderson.edu>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recently we have started using the Calculate Dates function. We sometimes
> run into situations where every subsidiarity element of a resource has
> dates, but Aspace will not calculate dates from that range. When the button
> is pressed nothing happens.
>
> Has anyone experienced this or seen documentation explaining the nuts and
> bolts of the Calculate functions?
>

> *Nicholas Stanton-Roark*  |  Archivist  | Robert A. Nicholson University
> Library
> Anderson University  |  1100 E. Fifth St, Anderson, IN 46012
> (765) 641-4285 <%28765%29%20641%204285>  |  ndroark at anderson.edu

Dan Michelson
Project Manager Archivist
Smith College Special Collections