[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Call for community input--Proposal for controlled value list enhancement

Cory Nimer cory_nimer at byu.edu
Wed Jun 12 17:55:27 EDT 2019

ArchivesSpace community members,

The Development Prioritization Team has requested public comment on a specification for a proposed expansion of ArchivesSpace's controlled value lists to include URI values. The addition of these values would enhance EAD3 and EAC-CPF exports, and improve compatibility with linked data formats. The draft specification is available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1plu1M-hBT9Q0YfKwwi7i8KhU-iLqhE_G8PpMeaVy1Uo/edit?usp=sharing, and open for commenting.

We would be interested in gathering comments and finalizing the document to facilitate the Development Prioritization Team's review. If you could please add comments by June 21, 2019, that would be very helpful. Any questions can also be send to me directly at cory_nimer at byu.edu<mailto:cory_nimer at byu.edu>.

Sincerely,

Cory Nimer
University Archivist
Brigham Young University