[Archivesspace_Users_Group] EAC-CPF in ASpace

Christine Di Bella christine.dibella at lyrasis.org
Tue Jun 4 16:45:02 EDT 2019

Hi Celia,

Others can address how they’re working around the limits of current ArchivesSpace support for EAC-CPF, but I’ll just mention what’s planned for the application in terms of fuller EAC-CPF support, including the ability to exchange records with SNAC. A community specification, authored by Cory Nimer, Brad Westbrook, and Sue Luftschein, was circulated about 2 years ago and finalized later that year. You can see the specification components and its updates in the comments to this JIRA issue: https://archivesspace.atlassian.net/browse/ANW-429. We’ve been slowly building in some pieces of the functionality requested, such as the additional control over merging agents which came out in 2.5.2, and are currently working on the data model changes that form the core of what’s needed. That work includes adding the fields to the underlying database, adding API endpoints, updating the views in the staff and public interfaces, and updating the importers and exporters. The data model work will appear in the application later this year.

On a parallel but related track, representatives of SNAC are working on the mapping between SNAC and ArchivesSpace. In all likelihood, the first goal once the data model changes have been made to ArchivesSpace and the ArchivesSpace/SNAC mapping is done is to build a plugin (or plugins) for basic importing and exporting of these records between the two systems.

Hope that helps,
Christine

Christine Di Bella
ArchivesSpace Program Manager