[Archivesspace_Users_Group] DAOs/Harvard Excel import

Gianfrancesco, Kimberly Kimberly.Gianfrancesco at tamucc.edu
Wed Jul 24 15:34:23 EDT 2019

Hi all,

We have been using Harvard's Excel import plugin here at TAMU-CC and we love it. However, I have found that I can't add new child objects to an existing parent object-eg, adding new folders to a series that's already in the resource record. Is this correct or am I missing something?

The context is that we are seeking the most efficient way of adding digital objects to the correct place in the hierarchy of existing resource records. So if we could add child objects through the spreadsheet, that seems like the simplest answer. Otherwise, I suppose we could save the spreadsheets whenever we upload a new collection, edit it to add the digital objects later, and then go back and delete the existing hierarchy and re-upload the whole thing. Just thinking out loud-has anyone else come up with a good solution/workflow for this? I'm interested to hear what other institutions are doing.

Thanks,
Kim

Kimberly Gianfrancesco, MSIS
Processing and Digital Archivist
Mary and Jeff Bell Library
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
6300 Ocean Dr. Unit 5702, Corpus Christi, TX 78412
kimberly.gianfrancesco at tamucc.edu<mailto:kimberly.gianfrancesco at tamucc.edu>
361.825.5319