[Archivesspace_Users_Group] Import Data Errors

Margaret Kidd kiddm at vcu.edu
Tue Jan 29 13:33:41 EST 2019

It is probably an empty date tag in the components list. Check to see if it
something like this:

This is technically an empty tag since there isn't a date after
"inclusive." AS does not like empty tags. So you will either need to add
title, date, etc. or delete the empty tags. If you have a lot of finding
aids you can do batch validation to see which ones need to be fixed (see
the blog post Validation Scenarios
<https://campuspress.yale.edu/yalearchivesspace/2015/07/22/validation-scenarios/>by
Yale for help). I did this with my finding aids and then manually fixed the
problems I found. If I'd known how to write a script to do it for me I
would have, but it wasn't so many that I couldn't do it manually. Others
might have some suggestions on automating the process.

Hope this helps!

Margaret Turman Kidd

Access and Electronic Records Archivist, Special Collections & Archives

VCU Libraries | Tompkins-McCaw Library for the Health Sciences

Virginia Commonwealth University

509 N. 12th Street / Box 980582, Richmond, VA 23298-0582

(804) 828-3152

kiddm at vcu.edu

Pronouns: she/her